Saturday, December 1, 2012

Personal Addition #3 - PostSecret

I wish my life was like the movies... Full of happiness, romance, & adventure.
 

 
I made this PostSecret a couple of years ago and happened to stumble upon it again today. It doesn't seem to be much of a confession now, but at the time it meant a lot to me. I'm not going to start going on and on about how movies give us unrealistic expectations of life, love, ourselves, etc. because I feel like that is a topic that has been discussed one too many times. Instead, I'd like to explain the way I see things. For me, movies are much like books by being an escape from reality. Just like books, movies are fictional stories that the viewer can often relate to. Yes, there can be some truth in these stories, however they're usually glamorized and over exaggerated for entertainment purposes. Despite all of this, I still find myself living vicariously through the characters and getting attached to them. Maybe that's the point?

No comments:

Post a Comment